“An environment-based education movement–at all levels of education–will help students realize
that school isn’t supposed to be a polite form of incarceration, but a portal to the wider world.”
― Richard Louv
1. Attend an open house at the school to meet our teachers and other parents. Open houses are held twice each year. You may also request an application by contacting the school and leaving your mailing address. 505-470-8928
2. Return completed application.
3. Should space become available, JMS will contact parents for an initial meeting and interview.
4. Attend the meeting and submit the $75 application fee. At the end of the meeting, we will schedule a visit for your child.
5. Child visits for part of a day or a full day depending on the age and comfort level of the child.
6. Schedule a follow-up meeting to discuss the child’s visit. Decide if JMS is a good fit for your child and your family.
7. Upon acceptance, parents complete final paperwork and submit the yearly deposit of $1,000 to secure placement.